The way people buy is changing and the finance profession is not immune to these changes. Many of us are now younger and online, brands that want to capture market share and expand their share of the finance budget must learn to make their message more human, more approachable, and more relevant.
Don’t believe me? Just ask Google. In March 2015, Google conducted a study in which it found that 89% of B2B researchers use the internet during the B2B research process. That should not be a big surprise to anyone, but what should surprise people is how they are using it. Key findings of the study include:
- Nearly half of all B2B researchers are millennials
- B2B researchers who are not in the c-suite influence purchase decisions
- 71% of B2B researchers start their research with a generic search
- Mobile usage is intensifying; B2B researchers are using it throughout their entire path
- B2B researchers watch video during the entire path to purchase
Having a content marketing strategy that focuses on introducing your customers to your company, your products and services is only the first step of the process, then you need to educate them and engage them in way that shows them that your company is trustworthy and your product or service is capable of getting the job done right.